Telephony is your network backbone—serving all employees whether they are within your corporate walls, at remote locations, or mobile.
By integrating voice traffic into their network, organizations realize cost savings on their telecommunications service charges and reduce costs typically associated with deploying or relocating employee phone systems. In addition, telephony ultimately results in a more effective way to communicate by integrating with existing information technology systems such as e‑mail or instant messaging (IM). The integration of other applications can provide a seamless communications experience.
When considering telephony solutions, it’s important to:
- Evaluate existing applications and band‑width usage
- Understand how users communicate with each other
- Consider what features you’ll want to include–voicemail, single number reach, etc.
- Identify service level improvements and cost savings that can be achieved
- Pinpoint existing messaging applications to integrate with your telephony systems such as e‑mail and IM
- Hosted VoIP